Friday, April 30, 2010

Classroom 2.0


A blog-- a wiki--- a ning? I joined Classroom 2.0 this week and became part of a coterie of 42,000 educators, 600+ of us new to this group. And the first thing I notice is a ning? Actually, I was overwhelmed at the plethora of information and educators willing to share it. What a hotbed of technological know how. And the teaching/sharing formats available!
This is a group I hope to become much more acquainted with as time goes on. This is a matter that will take time. There is no rushing into technology.
You should be so pleased. The educational group I work with at school is led by a highly-paid consulant, previously an English teacher and a high school principal. She is very knowledgeable and I have shared my ideas with her. She loved the blog project. Yesterday we met and she knew absolutely nothing of Classroom 2.0. This leads me to the ultimate issue with this class: it has taken me out to the cutting edge of classroom technology, a place where tech guys and consultants have yet to tread, and I am thrilled to be making this journey. A journey which will never end.
Thanks so much. I am a better teacher and a wiser student of technology for having taken this class.

MIke

1 comment:

  1. Your first blog entry spoke of blogging as being "totally foreign and cool"... and now you're talking about being on the "cutting edge of classroom technology." I am delighted! And most important... your students are going to benefit from your willingness to be a risk-taker. I have enjoyed watching you take this journey. :)

    ReplyDelete